Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Change Is Difficult.

Since I was a teenager I have always changed my hair. I've had blonde hair.

I have had red hair.

I've had really red hair.

I have had black hair.

I've had short hair.

And no hair! (Kids, don't try this at home!)

It's easy to change your hair.

It is easy to change your clothes. It's easy to show the world something different on the outside. But it is difficult--very difficult--to change on the inside.

It is more difficult to change what's natural inside of us. And, in many ways, it's growth and change inside of you that really counts. Your hair, bright with all the colors of the rainbow, can't seep into your brain to change you where it means the most. Your hair style, no matter how long you fiddle with hot tools, gels and mousses, doesn't change your thoughts, your feelings or your view of the world.

Thinking back on how my hair evolved through the years, I see now that I was hoping the change to my outside would hurry change and growth inside. But I know now: change is difficult. You can't purchase it at a drug store; you can't try it on in front of a mirror to see if you like it.

Change is difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment